As 2014 comes to an end, I keep finding myself looking back on the past year and a half and thinking about all of my accomplishments. I have been working towards these goals for the last 10 years and it is exciting to see them all coming together! I can’t believe all that has happened in such a short amount of time!
I discovered while writing this post that, according to the Chinese Zodiac, 2014 is the Year of the Horse. The year of “making unremitting efforts to improve themselves”. It is ironic that I have spent 2014 doing exactly that.
“The spirit of the horse is recognized to be the Chinese people’s ethos – making unremitting efforts to improve themselves. It is energetic, bright, warm-hearted, intelligent and able. Ancient people liked to designate an able person as ‘Qianli Ma’, a horse that covers a thousand li a day (one li=500 meters).”
New years resolutions are made by hundreds of people each year but I think it is important to look back on the previous year and reflect on what you have accomplished, not just what you still need to do. I put together a list for myself to look back on when I am feeling like I am not moving forward to remind me of the great strides I have taken to achieve my goals.
So here it is, my year in a nut shell!
* $2.1 million in real estate sales in my first year of having my license, Oct 2013-Oct 2014
* Received my Real Estate License, October 2013
* Final completion of the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Program
* New job at a real estate and interior design firm, Aug 2013, and leaving in May 2014 to pursue my own business
* Competing on the FYI Networks home renovation television show “Rowouse Showdown” and kicking ass!
* Making the move to Keller Williams Integrity Lakes Realty
* Establishing my own small business K. Kurtz Real Estate * Renovation * Design
* Presenting my portfolio to the editors at Spaces Magazine and being chosen for a feature in the “Before/After” issue, out in February!
* 5 year wedding anniversary, spent in Cancun at the Riu Palace Peninsula!
* Sale of one renovation property, moving and purchasing the next renovation property
* Chosen as one of the trial-run real estate agents to participate in the Lead 90x marketing program at select Keller Williams around the country
* Renovation of 3 houses!
Phew! What an amazing year! For 2015 I plan to manage my time with work and family better, now that I feel more established I want to keep in perspective that at the end of the day my main goal is to start a family and spend time with my husband. Ample time for work and make the necessary time for relaxation. Highs and lows, good and bad….I am so grateful for where I am at today.